https://teach.coe.jmu.edu/cta/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ctalogosmall-itok23hIDMYj-e1571164144486.png 0 0 Hannah Walker https://teach.coe.jmu.edu/cta/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ctalogosmall-itok23hIDMYj-e1571164144486.png Hannah Walker2019-09-09 10:43:122019-09-09 10:43:12Mean as a Balance Point
- Student will understand that statistics includes gathering, displaying, analyzing, interpreting, and making predictions about a larger group of data from a sample data.
- Students will understand that mean is a measure of central tendency and the center of the deviation or the “balance point”.
- Students will understand and interpret statistical values and how they are related to and affected by elements of the data set.
- Students will understand how variability, the distance/deviation from the mean, is relative to the mean and is critical to interpreting the Mean Absolute Deviation, Variance, and Standard Deviation.
- Students will understand the following vocabulary words and be able to calculate and interpret their values: mean, mean absolute deviation, standard deviation, variance, z-score.